Multiple Sclerosis: Meg
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-17103,single-format-standard,bridge-core-2.8.1,ctct-bridge,qode-page-transition-enabled,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-26.5.1,qode-theme-bridge,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.6.0,vc_responsive

Multiple Sclerosis: Meg

My life drastically changed in May, 2002. Over the Memorial Holiday weekend, one quarter of my body quit working. My left upper quadrant tingled, then went numb, and became very weak. The blowing wind “hurt” my hair, I had to “think” to walk, and I was no longer strong enough to open coffee creamer on my own. I was soon diagnosed by a neurologist as having Multiple Sclerosis. For the next five years, I underwent FDA approved recommendations for treating this illness.

I became progressively worse. I had no choice but to go on disability; I was no longer strong enough to survive an eight hour day of “cognitive” labor. My prognosis was summed up in three simple words: My illness was incurable, progressive and debilitating.

Not being able to accept this prognosis as my lot in life, I started looking around for alternatives. A friend suggested that I try the Logan Institute. I took this giant step because I had nothing to lose. Traditional medicine had nothing to offer.

Everyone at Dr. Kevin Logan’s office treated me with kindness and consideration. Dr. Logan himself sat down with me and spent a full thirty minutes discussing my condition. He didn’t make any false promises, but said he was “cautiously optimistic” that he could help me.

Nine years later, at the young age of 66, I am living my life instead of watching it go by. I work two part time jobs, walk without a cane, drive a car, play with my grandson and appreciate every day.

Three years ago, I suffered a major heart attack with complications. I was in a drug-induced coma for nearly three months following bypass surgery, mitral valve repair, flooded lungs and kidney failure. I spent 111 days in hospitals and rehab. I got off dialysis after nine months. Every doctor I’ve seen since has used the word “miracle” to describe my recovery.

Why am I still here? My sister, who is a registered nurse, has told me I would not be here if I had not switched from my neurologist to Dr. Logan so many years ago. I definitely give Dr. Logan’s expertise credit and thank God for leading me to him at a very critical time in my life.


No Comments

Post A Comment

Call Now Button